As a member of HANA-I, you’ll join a network of members who study, teach and provide health care to individuals in the Haitian community and beyond.
Types of Membership:
As a member of HANA-I™, you have a voice in national issues impacting the health care of Haitians.
All members are eligible to participate in HANA-I™ activities, to be candidates for HANA-I™ elected positions, and participate in the election of HANA-I™ board members.
- Networking with other Haitians health care professionals
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) opportunities at the national conference
- Awards for community service and education excellence
- Chance to serve on HANA-I's board and committees
- Supporting national health care initiatives as a united force
- A forum for nurses to analyze and evaluate the health care needs of the Hispanic community
- Opportunities to disseminate research findings and policy perspectives related to Haitians health care needs to local, state, and federal agencies in order to impact policy making and the allocation of resources
- Mentorship Connection
- Scholarship opportunities
- Networking with HANA-I members
News & Publications
- Free Subscription to the HANA-I™' quarterly journal, Journal of Haitian Alliance Nurses Association International
- Quarterly electronic newsletter
- Weekly E-blast
Being a member of HANA-I can propel your career forward by connecting you with other health professionals as well as provide high quality training and exposure to leading-edge thinking and valuable peer networking. HANA-I has three different membership types to fit your needs and gives you access to 11 professional chapters across the United States. Learn more about membership benefits and dues today.
Who Should Join?
- Nurses licensed in the United States and its jurisdictions
- Unlicensed healthcare professionals such as certified nursing assistants, medical assistants, patient care technicians and others who work under the direct supervision of a nursing or medical professional
- Nurses licensed in their country of origin who don’t live in the United States
- Unlicensed students enrolled in a pre-licensure nursing program or pre-requisite nursing coursework leading to a licensure program or other medical studies program
- Retired nurses
- Individuals not actively involved in nursing, and corporations
Engage Through Corporate Membership
HANA-I Corporate Membership is one of the most important ways corporations can support HANA-I’s mission of improving the quality of health care for Haitian and supporting the nurses who help provide that care. Corporation membership provides a variety of benefits that include: opportunities to participate in the education of HANA members through HANA-I partnered webinars; personalized member page in the HANA-I website that includes your logo, company description and link to your website; visibility opportunities in the quarterly newsletter, E-blasts and at the HANA-I annual conference; direct collaboration with members through Chapter membership(s) and others.